Menu

Sketch Tuesday

Adrianne

Just submit a drawing that your children, or you, or you dh, etc. drew relating to the assignments provide. You need to turn it in by Monday evening. This weeks assignment is Draw A Leaf. Anyone can join. :)

Here is a link to our Sketch Tuesdays

Green Hour Challenges are a wee bit more involved, but doesn't have to be that complicated either. :) Barb provides reading section in the book: Handbook of Nature Study. With her simple reading assignments, I have learned to LOVE this book, and not fear it. It is a wonderful tool!

Each week she suggests some sort of activity to do, but you don't "HAVE" to do them. Just getting out door with you kids looking at nature is the whole goal/purpose of the challenges. Here is a link to our GH Challenges. I still need to post about GH Challenge #8 and we are currently on Challenge #9. But as you can see, it doesn't have to be done each week. :D Sometimes we double up on a week for the challenges if we are to busy. But I always get out doors at least once a week with the kids. That is my goal and the goal of the challenges.

I also created notebook pages to go with them that I use with my children. Here is a link to the Notebooking pages. That reminds me... I have to get 9 done... YIKES I am behind...

Any other specific questions?

For Green Hour? Nope, no need to contact anyone. Just jump in where ever you would like to. I would recommend starting from challenge 1. The reading suggestions Barb provides really helps to put it all in place. If anything, go to the beginning and make sure you get all the reading assignments done.

Once you do a challenge, provide your name and blog url to mr. linky found towards the bottom of each challenge post at Barb's blog. But you don't have to blog to do this either. Mr. Linky is there for folks that want to share about their experiences with the Green Hour Challenges. Personally I love seeing what other folks do. I have learned a lot by looking at others blogs. :)

For Sketch Tuesday's, yes you have to email the picture to Barb's email address by Monday evening. She provides it with each Sketch Tuesday post.

Love Sketch Tuesday!! I just posted mine! I actually submitted it before 10 or 11 o'clock at night! Poor Barb... I’m always late. lol

Join in! its fun! Even if I were late tonight... Barb is so sweet! She would want you to send it in no matter when.... she would fit it in her post!

Leave a link if you do! I like to see what folks do.