Menu

Christian Light science and social studies

bluecalmsea

I used both of these and enjoyed them.

Social Studies 100 has the following in it: You Can Communicate, My Family and Feelings, You and Your Pets, My Community, and God's Beautiful World. It gives a good basic coverage of several beginning things like manners, the New Land and Columbus, Pilgrims, a few of the first presidents, talks about different jobs, and in the last one discusses the globe and other areas of the world.

Science 100 has; colors, sizes, pet care, care for yourself, weather, seasons, plants, the earth and energy, and music. The Teacher Guide for both science and social studies 100 is in the same book. The book simply offers suggested questions for your child. It has a couple of songs and a poem for you to read to the child. You could use the light units without it if you didn't want to read those.

Social Studies 200 focusses on different communities. The teacher guide has the answers to the light units (work books). We enjoyed that it discusses both white colar jobs as well as blue collar ones like a road maintainer. The kids liked learning about all the professions and where all of their food and items originate from. This was a fun one.

Science 200 is on animals and birds. By the end of this book my daughters were able to identify quite a few of the birds they see around us. They were better at it than I was! This was my oldest daughters favorite science. They learn about a lot of mamals and in the bird section they get to color full page pictures of them after reading about them.

I would recommend all of these. I think they are fun for the kids and age appropriate. If there is something more you would like to know I have the books and can look through them and give better answers, so feel free to ask! HTH!