Menu

BJU geometry vs Saxon geometry?

I am so excited my mom is allowing me to stay homeschooled this year!!!

But here is the problem, my parents are deciding on if I should use the ps curriculum, or bju geometry/saxon geometry for math. My question is what's better?

BJU geometry has the videos and that's always a good thing since neither of my parents are strong in math.

Saxon geometry is like BJU, but it can be confusing to some.

PS geometry doesn't have all the explanation and can be very confusing. But my parents would have me take the class at the high school if worse cam to worse.

What would you do in this situation?

Can you take the class using a text and with an online course as a support? Jann has a geometry class, Virtual Homeschool has a geometry class using Saxon, and you can sign up with correspondence/online schools for some classes as well. Good news that you have the option to homeschool. :) Personally, I wouldn't choose to use a ps text as they don't have the explanations. I know nothing about BJU, but with Saxon, the lessons are clearly explained in the text and DVD's are available as well if you learn better that way.