Menu

BJU Press Spanish: Have you used this for HS? Wondering specifically if the cd's are

Unless you can teach Spanish, I would suggest using the DVDs or new online program. The cost for the online option is only $35 more that buying the homeschool kit with the CDs and would be so much better. I don't think either the kit with the CDs or without the CDs would work for self-study. By the way, my sons really enjoyed the Spanish 1 teacher! You can what samples of the classes at the BJU website.

a must. I'm looking at the cost between buying it with and without the cd's and it's a big difference in $$.

Any insights?

If you speak Spanish well yourself (or have a fluent Spanish speaker who will teach the course for you), then you can omit the CDs. Otherwise you will definitely need them, and may also need the DVDs. (I speak Spanish well, and my husband is a native speaker, so we used BJU Spanish 3 with just the Teacher's manual and textbook with no trouble.)