Menu

Planning on refreshing/revamping your learning room this summer? Ideas? Pics please!

Spring has really sprung here in MA and I'm eager to refresh and rejuvenate our learning room. We do school year round, but there's always room for spending time outside and spring cleaning ;)

Does anyone else have plans for their learning room? I would LOVE to be inspired with photos and ideas.

I will post some before and after pics at some point and would love if others could do the same!

I am revamping it so much it will be a whole other house, LOL (we are moving!) I am going from storing things around the corners of the dining room to: a craft/rec room with homeschool storage, a large table in the kitchen (that we don't have to move books to eat on, as we will have a separate dining room,) a library in the living room, and a beautiful outdoor study area. Can you tell I'm excited?! I'll post pictures when I ever get it all done...

Wow! It's lovely - bright and well-organized making it neat and very condusive to concentrating :) Love it. Now that's the type of thing I'm hoping to achieve with our learning room.

We moved 7 times in 3 years, and have also "moved" in our current house a bazillion times. We just couldn't make it work for us. So we moved the learning things to the living room, took over a bedroom, went upstairs, came back downstairs, and have currently taken over the dining room. I still have to move things around to eat our meals at the table, but we've added some storage solutions and I hope to get organized soon.

I also plan on banning the kids (6, 5 and 5 months) from the learning room when I'm not there because I'm tired of having to reorganize the books, art supplies etc. Anyone have any creative ideas of how to overcome this?

OK...holding my breath and posting my embarrassing learning room "before" photo:

LearningRoom1.jpg

The only storage we currently have...

LearningRoom2.jpg

Now I'm off to do something about it!