Menu

Notgrass World History

Have you looked at the essay assignments for each week. You could take one of the selections and have her go deeper into her research etc. In fact if I'm not mistaken one of the suggestion is a year long project for the student to work on. I know others have added Teaching company videos to their program.

I'm planning on doing more with the "What Was Happening in the World" page. Many of those events were very important and only mentioned on that page. I may have her pick one and write a short report or even just a paragraph. This way, she has to read through them at least and choose an interesting topic. :)

Check out Historical Essay Questions by Westvon Publishing. You can get this from Currclick.

Examples:

Predynastic Period

What do you think would be the challenges of combining two large and powerful kingdoms? What would be the advantages and disadvantges?

Inventions

Of all the amazing inventions of the Egyptians, pick one and fully discuss its development and contribution to their civilization.

Bonita

Thanks for the ideas ladies. I am going to incorporate a timeline project for her. I also looked at the writing ideas again and have decided to let her choose between the nation project or several of the writing options in the text. Her writing class at our co-op requires a research paper so we will try to incorporate that into her world history.

I will also look into the Currclick history essay questions. I think I downloaded them awhile ago and forgot about them.

I am feeling much better today about all this. :001_smile:

Thanks again!