Menu

Curriculum ideas for 10th grade for teen w/ eye tracking issues?

I was talking to my PT today and her daughter was just diagnosed with eye tracking issues last year. Are there any specific curriculum that you have found to be great for someone with these types of issues? This is their 2nd year of homeschooling. Any suggestions?

If there are older thread on this topic, feel free to just direct me there. I am a regular on the general board but not hs.

Hi! All my kids have had eye tracking problems. Is your teen doing vision therapy to help her? I'll assume yes! My dd in 10th grade was reading at 4th grade speed! So I self designed our courses. I picked shorter novels or excerpts, retellings or I read the book aloud to her. I let her listen to a couple of works on audio to relieve her burden a bit. But that was about it. I did want her to get familar with the classics under my tutelage because I was afraid once she was out of the house she'd not really read anymore. However, she fell in love with books even though she struggles to read them!

Her reading speed gradually improved. She still is a slow reader but she is at a classical university reading things like Aristotle and Bacon and she is on the Dean's list! Right now she is prereading some of the books she'll have to read next year or she's listening to them on audio so she won't feel so overwhelmed having to do so much reading. It's frustrating when you can't read quickly! Reading still tires her out but she's a tough, determined cookie!!!!

Let me know if you have any specific questions I might be able to answer.