Menu

best prep for PSAT?

I don't know if this helps, but you can get the current, official SAT book for around $14-$15 new on Amazon. There are a bunch of practice tests in that. Of course, that SAT, not PSAT, but I figure if they are prepared for the SAT, then the PSAT would just be a bit easier?? Not sure if my logic is wanting. lol In general, I've heard the best prep for these is taking sample tests and going over the answers. Just a thought. Be curious to hear what others suggest.

My dd used all of these materials to the fullest:

- The PSAT prep book from McGraw-Hill.

- The sample test from the College Board that the school gives you (or should give you) when you register.

- The SAT question of the day.

Dd recommends using a book made especially for the PSAT because the questions are just a bit different enough from the SAT to make it worth buying. Many of the questions are very tricky, and it is good to have seen all of their tricks.

She had never taken the PSAT before 11th grade, and studied for it intensively from the beginning of August until the test in October. She ended up getting a perfect score (240) even though she never finished any of the practice tests within the allotted time, and she even got a question wrong:001_huh:. Apparently you are allowed to get one wrong in the reading section with no penalty.

HTH,

GardenMom