Menu

Times Tales Question Please!

Aludlam

So, I am finishing up my planning today. The Times Tales books is still sitting in the basket, waiting to be picked up..... I'm confused about how/when to use it. We are using Horizons, which introduces the times facts, one number set at a time (3's, 4's etc, etc). When do you do the Times Tales? Do you just do it all at once, even though those particular facts haven't even been introduced? Or, do you break it a part and do them when you need them? As you can probably tell, I've never used Times Tales. HELP!!!

thanks so much!

I got through the concept of multiplication then we tackled Times Tales. I did the first part on a Monday, reviewed all week and then did the next part the following Monday. It was an add-on to math each day. DS loved it and very quickly learned the tales and thus, the multiplication tables.

Good luck!

I used Times Tales with my 7 year old daughter. She hadn't actually done multiplication in her curriculum yet, but she understood the concept from being around her older brother during his math time.

It only took her a couple of hours to basically have the upper level tables memorized. Plus, she had fun learning the stories.

She will officially be starting multiplication this year, but I am glad that Times Tales have given her a head start. She is excited about multiplication because of it. :001_smile:

I would think that it would be good to make sure your child understands the concept of multiplication first and then just go for it. You could break it up to correlate with your curriculum, but I don't really think that it is necessary. The stories really seem to help make memorizing easier.

Angela