Menu

What is CNED?

Hi, all.

I'm pretty new to this board, but am excited about having such a wonderful resource here at my fingertips.

Can anyone tell me about the language courses related to CNED? I've been Googling around but can't make heads or tales of it.

Can US residents use it? What is it?

Thanks so!

Tori

The CNED is correspondence courses for French students abroad. If I wanted my kids to cover the same material as their cousins in France do in school, I'd have them do the CNED. You can either do it on your own, or with support from CNED teachers in France.

You really need to be bilingual (French/whatever) to do it.

hth,

yvonne

Would this merely be used to teach target subjects (maths, science, history, etc.) in French, or would it be used for actually teaching the French language?

You choose the classes. There is a French language arts class at each level, just like we teach English language arts at US schools. The French language arts class at the lowest levels include handwriting, spelling, reading/phonics, etc.

yvonne

You choose the classes. There is a French language arts class at each level, just like we teach English language arts at US schools. The French language arts class at the lowest levels include handwriting, spelling, reading/phonics, etc.

yvonne

Ooh, interesting! Thank you, I'll look into that.

Tori

• 1 month later...