Menu

Could a year 4 TOG redes. user help me out?

I am looking for how TOG covers the Berlin Wall at the rhetoric level. I'm guessing week 31 of TOG 4 (maybe some in week 17, if you have redes. digital I think you can search????)

Not looking for specific book titles, more on what the kids will read about and do (mapwork, writing assignment, reading topics, research project, etc).

Thanks for your help, doesn't look like I can find this info anywhere else so I'm asking here.

Edited by momee

I was hoping to compare what SL teaches about the Berlin wall to what TOG teaches. We were TOg users for 4 years and I just switched.

I don't know that you're up for helping as it will take a small amount of time.

My reason for doing so...there was some discussion on the SL forums about this topic and I did some research on the historical topic itself. Seemed like a good topic to compare SL's covering it with TOG's coverage.

Basically I was hoping for something like this but from TOG's perspective. This is how SL covers it with Core 300

reading in a spine of roughly two pages about the fall of the Berlin wall, an article beforehand when covering 1948 speaking to the issues of the Berlin airlift another article under 1953 about the Berlin uprising, two page spread in 1961 about the Berlin Wall an article under 1963 about Kennedy's statement "Ich bin ein Berliner" and a two page article under 1989 about the wall coming down.

Each section has one/two comprehension ?s about the article and maybe a point on the map to point out.

I was hoping to compare what SL teaches about the Berlin wall to what TOG teaches. We were TOg users for 4 years and I just switched.

My reason for doing so...there was some discussion on the SL forums about this topic and I did some research on the historical topic itself. Seemed like a good topic to compare SL's covering it with TOG's coverage.

Basically I was hoping for something like this but from TOG's perspective. This is how SL covers it with Core 300

reading in a spine of roughly two pages about the fall of the Berlin wall, an article beforehand when covering 1948 speaking to the issues of the Berlin airlift another article under 1953 about the Berlin uprising, two page spread in 1961 about the Berlin Wall an article under 1963 about Kennedy's statement "Ich bin ein Berliner" and a two page article under 1989 about the wall coming down.

Each section has one/two comprehension ?s about the article and maybe a point on the map to point out.

Now I am using classic. The hard part about doing this sort of comparison is that TOG is unit study based and SL is on a timeline. My experience thus far in week 22 of classic is it has already come up a few times. We covered it at the end of WWII. We touched on it again with the Korean War and I am sure it will be covered to come as we cover the the cold war.

With TOG it is more intertwined with other topics, covering as needed in the context of the history it had influence on. Does that make sense?

I am not using the questions yet, so I can't say if there are questions specifically about it, and I haven't looked ahead at the mapping. We didn't map the wall itself yet, but have done Europe before and after the war.

Heather

Ah, I see what you're saying now. I searched on "Berlin Wall" and the hits I got were all on it coming down. Then comparing pages and questions, I buy my books a quarter at a time so I don't have the books that cover the proper time periods. Sorry.