Menu

Sandi Richard Cookbooks--Cooking for the Rushed: Anyone use these?

They look really good, but I'd love to hear reviews from anyone who has used them.

Thanks,

Dawn

They are very good (sidenote: they're Canadian! :001_smile:) Sandi's big thing is planning. She outlines how to organize your meal plans in a healthy way for busy families. So, her meals and recipes usually follow a specific time routine to get food on the table quickly. Her recipes are pretty kid-friendly for the most part -- picky eaters excepted, but we all have those in varying forms. What's nice about most of the recipes is that they adapt easily for personal tastes.

What I dislike about her recipes is the reliance on pre-made sauces and such. However, you can adapt those, too, and still get tasty results. I don't follow her suggestions for meal planning because I have my own method which works very well. If you need some help with the planning part, she's got good advice, though.

Thanks so much! One question, do you think the fact that they are Canadian and she uses pre-made sauces and such would hinder me greatly from being able to find ingredients here? I am in a podunk area of the world where it is already difficult to find gourmet or specialty ingredients. :001_smile:

Thanks so much! One question, do you think the fact that they are Canadian and she uses pre-made sauces and such would hinder me greatly from being able to find ingredients here? I am in a podunk area of the world where it is already difficult to find gourmet or specialty ingredients. :001_smile:

She does like a particular brand of sauces, but you can easily substitute any brand. They aren't "gourmet" type sauces. Generally, these are bbq sauces, and some asian sauces like teriyaki or hoisin or sweet & sour. I'm in a podunk little town and I can usually find these on the shelf. You should be okay.