Menu

the Teaching Company Algebra I

Hi all,

Has anyone used ttc Algebra I course? I am considering using this as a supplement/launching point for our algebra this year. I am interested to hear reviews. I saw some negative reviews on TTC site for Algebra 2, but Alg. 1 had some nice reviews. It is on sale, so I'm strongly considering buying it for the extra support.

Thanks in advance!

Susan

Hi all,

Has anyone used ttc Algebra I course? I am considering using this as a supplement/launching point for our algebra this year. I am interested to hear reviews. I saw some negative reviews on TTC site for Algebra 2, but Alg. 1 had some nice reviews. It is on sale, so I'm strongly considering buying it for the extra support.

Thanks in advance!

Susan

I have the second edition set still shrink-wrapped with the unused workbook. I am beginning to realize that I won't be using it. So, I can't give you feedback on it, but if you are interested in getting it cheaper than the sale price including shipping, send me a pm. :001_smile:

Lots of people in my homeschool group use it, but it totally didn't work for us. I wish I had given up, instead of trying to push through. It probably depends on how your child learns - I abandoned Saxon because we need a more systematic, lots of practice to achieve mastery approach. My dd hated the DVD lectures - they are just numbers drawn up on the screen, lots of talking with steps left out on the visual display. If your child is a mainly auditory learner it would work, and if your child does not need much practice on new concepts before they move on, it may work for you - but my dd is NOT an auditory learner, and she needs LOTS of practice on individual concepts, so we will not be doing TT again.