Menu

Posting

Hey, remember that when you're replying to a thread, you don't need to put anything in the subject line. When you view the threaded replies, you automatically see the first line of the reply as sort of what we remember from the old board as a subject line.

And you don't need to put nt, I don't think, because of the way the posts are viewed. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

I'm not posting this to scold or anything, because a great many of us (including me) are getting used to the new format. And I don't think it's a big deal either way, just easier on old eyes. :cool: But just to say that if you take a peek on how your posts show up after you hit enter, it'll help you streamline them for ease of reading.

My dd participated in a board with this format, and they keep threads going perpetually by editing the subject line with a (New 01/24--change title here) in parentheses following the original topic. So, say the topic was Singapore Math. Then the topic title could change to Singapore Math (New 01/24 Testing and Placement Question) so that everyone could decide if they wanted to read even more about Singapore Math. See?

It works really well on dd's art threads. They update it when new art pieces hit the posts.

When I log in, I only see the original subject line in all the posts even if someone posted a new one. Is someone who didn't post the first post able to alter that subject line?

When I go to threaded or hybrid, I see the first line of whatever the new post is or the "new" subject line.

Is this a setting, or am I missing something else? (And yeah, I'm not even sure what I'm asking!)

No, I think the original poster would have to do the edit. The way they do it is to go into the "Main" post and edit its title. All the "comments" on a post are just that...comments...the owner of the post does the work of maintaining the topic's subject line.

Okay, see what I mean here at my dd's art thread:

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=5297.0

The topic is Evra's Avatarded Doodles (and then every time she adds new art, she updates the title).

They've kept an "Illustrate the Quote" thread going for over a year, and it's a ridiculous length now. But all on the same thread, so it's easy to catch up if you are interested in that group.

Does that make sense? It might be harder to apply here. GRIN.