Menu

I did it!

parias1126

I gave up McRuffy Math and MUS for CLE! I am hoping I just made the right decision because it is ordered! I love MUS, but I think my daughter was missing so much with it because she was tested yesterday and she tested out at 1.6 in math (1st grade 6th month) when she is actually a rising 3rd grader. :(

With the McRuffy color math, my son was using, it was just skipping around way too much with not much review.

I just hope I am happy with my purchase. I'm hoping its good for them because Mom isn't good with change! :lol:

I was undecided about CLE and had ordered the 1st grade lightunits for next year. I'll be listing them for sale this week. To me, there's just way too much in a lesson; going from one thing to the next, to the next. I had also gotten a level for my son and he doesn't like it. I thought he'd like the variety on the pages, but I discovered that he's a kid who needs mastery and not spiral, because he doesn't like the jumping from one thing to another. I sure hope you'll like CLE. I'll have to look at your signature to see what level McRuffy Math you were using. I'm looking for 1st grade. So far we are enjoying McRuffy K, and I'd like to stick with it. But, I haven't really gotten to use it long enough to know how effective it is.

ETA: we used MUS years ago. Maybe one reason your dd scored low is because it's mastery (focuses on one concept at a time)?? As for the review in McRuffy, I'm thinking of supplementing a little for review with Math Mammoth. Who knows.....seems like my plans change every week.

Edited by ~AprilMay~

I was undecided about CLE and had ordered the 1st grade lightunits for next year. I'll be listing them for sale this week. To me, there's just way too much in a lesson; going from one thing to the next, to the next. I had also gotten a level for my son and he doesn't like it. I thought he'd like the variety on the pages, but I discovered that he's a kid who needs mastery and not spiral, because he doesn't like the jumping from one thing to another. I sure hope you'll like CLE. I'll have to look at your signature to see what level McRuffy Math you were using. I'm looking for 1st grade. So far we are enjoying McRuffy K, and I'd like to stick with it. But, I haven't really gotten to use it long enough to know how effective it is.

ETA: we used MUS years ago. Maybe one reason your dd scored low is because it's mastery (focuses on one concept at a time)?? As for the review in McRuffy, I'm thinking of supplementing a little for review with Math Mammoth. Who knows.....seems like my plans change every week.

As far as the McRuffy Color Math goes, it was fine for K. When it gets to 1st and especially 2nd, it starts to skip around A LOT. I was so confused myself about what we were going to be learning from one day to the next. It seriously drove me bonkers! :lol: I know that CLE will be perfect for my son, but I am hoping and praying that its okay for my daughter because she is not used to anything other then MUS. BUT, Looking at the test scores, apparently its not the most perfect. She is still having trouble counting money and telling time after learning it from MUS (No matter how many times we review it).

As far as the McRuffy Color Math goes, it was fine for K. When it gets to 1st and especially 2nd, it starts to skip around A LOT. I was so confused myself about what we were going to be learning from one day to the next. It seriously drove me bonkers! :lol: I know that CLE will be perfect for my son, but I am hoping and praying that its okay for my daughter because she is not used to anything other then MUS. BUT, Looking at the test scores, apparently its not the most perfect. She is still having trouble counting money and telling time after learning it from MUS (No matter how many times we review it).

Thanks for the heads up about the Math. Just when I think I have it all figured out, I have to rethink everything again. I might have to take another look at my CLE lightunits before I list them. Sigh.......can anything ever be easy to figure out?! :banghead:

Thanks for the heads up about the Math. Just when I think I have it all figured out, I have to rethink everything again. I might have to take another look at my CLE lightunits before I list them. Sigh.......can anything ever be easy to figure out?! :banghead:

I researched A LOT before purchasing them. It is supposed to be a very very good math. I would look at them some more. I am not going to give up on them just because the kids "don't like it". Its math! I don't like math either. LOL