Menu

Hard cover resource for determining credits?

Is there such a book? I've looked at linked sources given in threads here, but would really like to know if there is a source book for homeschoolers that covers this well. I tend to do better with a book. I haven't been getting on here every day this summer, so if I don't respond to any replies right away, I want to say that I will get back as I'm automatically subscribed to any thread in which I post.

I like that transcript book recommended in TWTM best. I wish I had bought it when I first began homeschooling. I think this is probably the book you are looking for.

When I was planning high school and had gotten to the stage where I was mad because my son was doing all sorts of unconventional learning and wasn't going to get credit for it, I looked into cover schools. Among them, I looked at NARHS. In the process of looking at cover schools, I realized that there was no reason *I* couldn't give my son credit for some of his non-traditional things, but meanwhile, I ordered a book of courses from NARHS. I can't remember the name of it now, but it described how much work was worth a credit and had lots and lots of ideas for courses and resources and suggestions for them. You need to keep in mind that NARHS is light on their requirements, but other than that, I found it very helpful to look at the book, just to get ideas. Its title sounds just like what it is. If you go to the NARHS site, perhaps you can find it? I have it packed away because I don't need it anymore, so I can't check the exact title.

-Nan