Menu

Virtual Link Spanish. Plan?

We have bought Virtual Link Spanish 2 for this year. I love how the program looks but have no idea as to what kind of schedule it takes to work through this in an average school year. My daughter (15 yr) will work on this for an hr M thru F. Still, I don't know what is reasonable to expect of her timewise.

I'd love some suggestions

or hearing how you have done this.

Thanks.

My dd is working through Visual Link Spanish this summer. She is using it just for exposure. I don't plan to actually offer any credit for it. She will get both high school and college credit when she takes it at the cc next year. I just want her to have prior exposure before getting dumped into a college course.

She started Visual Link the 2nd week of June. I think she is about 1/4 of the way through (not all sections are the same length. She repeats sections when she feels she needs to. She likes the program because it's the first Spanish program we've tried where she feels like she really understands it. She's been working at it for about 18 hours so far (30 minutes/day, 4-5 days/week for 7 weeks).

We've tried Rosetta Stone and Tell Me More. Both of those started off okay, but fell apart pretty quickly because they required her to intuit too much about the language.

Visual Link Spanish explicitly teaches everything.

Your dd should easily finish in one year if she works on it for one hour daily for a schoolyear.

This is the 5th program we've tried, so the early part is pretty easy for my dd. It's the first time she's actually understood a lot of what she's learned though.

Thank you very much.

Your input gives me direction and confirms my thought of 1 hr of study ea day on Spanish.

We are hoping to be able to give a credit for this.

My dd took Spanish I in ps, 9th gr. and we are planning for this to serve as her

credit for Spanish 2.

Again, Thanks.

As far as how to credit it goes, they have this posted on their website:

High School Credit - Here is a list of our Spanish homeschool curriculum courses that are accredited through NARHS (North Atlantic Regional High Schools):

* Level I Course – 1st year Spanish

* Level II Verb Course – 2nd year Spanish

* Level III Verb Course – 3rd year Spanish

* Digital Learning Center (DLC) and Personal Proficiency Trainer (PPT) combined – 4th year Spanish

http://www.learnspanishtoday.com/homeschool.htm?link=1

As far as how to credit it goes, they have this posted on their website:

High School Credit - Here is a list of our Spanish homeschool curriculum courses that are accredited through NARHS (North Atlantic Regional High Schools):

* Level I Course – 1st year Spanish

* Level II Verb Course – 2nd year Spanish

* Level III Verb Course – 3rd year Spanish

* Digital Learning Center (DLC) and Personal Proficiency Trainer (PPT) combined – 4th year Spanish

http://www.learnspanishtoday.com/homeschool.htm?link=1

Thank you for posting this!!!

Now I'm actually planning to give my dd one credit for high school Spanish. She may end up completing more than just level 1 for that credit, but if NARHS thinks that level 1 by itself is worthy of a full credit, then I'll call whatever she manages to complete in one year worthy of a full credit. I know she'll get at least partway into level 2.