Menu

Help Me Simplify!

ourjourneys

I was discouraged that we did not complete all of our subjects this past year. Then I realized early in the summer that as long as we get Math and Latin completed then everything else just seems to fall into place. Is this reasonable? I need help and encouragement on focusing on these 2 this year and allowing everything else to be incorporated. Do you do this? How do you plan? Is it possible to only teach these and allow everything else to be unschooled or at least very relaxed?

By the way, I have incorporated the file box (thanks to someone on the forum) with a year's folders for each child and I am feeling very positive. I just want to be able to say that we completed what we started. I think that by focusing on Latin and Math then if we get behind in other subjects it will not bother me as much.

That's very similar to my plan for the year. I'm focusing on math, reading and writing. That's it. Evrything else will be child-led, although I plan to use good read-alouds as a form of intro to possible topics.

I feel so much more relaxed now! And excited to see where this journey will take us.