Menu

Exercising inside

What activities do you do inside with your kids to give them exercise? I am need of some activities that won't cause a problem for our downstairs neighbors. They pretty much hear every footstep and when my kids run around it causes lots of pounding on their ceiling. Outside playtime isn't always an option. Ideas?

Have you tried floor exercises? Mommy too! Teach them sit-ups, leg lifts, etc. It could be fun family time. The 2-yr old could learn to "count"! Just a thought. (I'm so old that I remember doing exercises with my mom & Jack LaLane! -- anyone remember him?)

We have a DVD that we just love! It's called "Yoga" by BeeTwixt. www.beetwixt.com . It is the best beginning Yoga DVD I've found. It says it's for Tweens/Teens and they also have a Pilates DVD. It has very good directions and you actually hold the position long enough to learn it.

If you feel it's a bit much for your age group, maybe you could look for a specific kids yoga video.

We did a lot of kids dance DVDs and really loved a kid's country line dance one when they were younger. It helped to get the wiggles out on cold CO mornings so we could concentrate on school. Unfortunately, there's a lot of stomping and boot scooting, so that probably wouldn't make your neighbors happy.:001_smile:

Wii Fit? Dance, Dance Revolution?

Honestly, if the kids need to move and it's too cold or hot out, we leave and go somewhere else. Usually the indoor pool in the winter and the gym or the spray park in the summer. But we're lucky enough to have those resources free nearby and not everyone does.