Menu

Truthquest users?

mama25angels

This will be my first year to use TQ, but I am doing it mainly for the Thinkwrite questions & commentary. So I will be using them (looking forward to it!). I don't use IEW though. I will alternate the history writing assignments with other writing assignments we do though.

Merry :-)

We used TQ AHYS books. Yes, we did the Thinkwrite questions. We do not use IEW. By "what do you use?", I'm assuming you mean for writing. What I have done in the past was have my children write bios on the different people we read about, and we have done a lot of History Pocket/Time Traveler Lapbook type things. Now that they are older (we took a year off of TQ), I plan on having them continue with the bios, but also am going to have them summarize books they read. I am using a textbook as sort of a spine for Ancients. It has activities and writing projects at the end of each chapter. I will have my children choose (or I will choose) some of the assignments. I also own VP cards and books. I am toying with lining up TQ and VP, so that they can do VP assigments and reading that will correspond with TQ. Not sure on that yet, might be overkill? Lee