Menu

Golf -Our new school subject - book/video recommendations

Aludlam

My husband is about to starting teaching golf to our children. We are going to treat it like any other school subject (mainly to make sure that it gets done too!). Anyway, I'm looking for kid books and videos about golf (or something that he could use as a spine - he plays golf, but has never taught anyone to play). These would mainly be used for cold/ rainy days. Daddy works a lot of hours, so sometimes he won't be able to take them out, but they can still have a golf lesson in the house (kwim?). He's very excited about this, so I'm trying to provide him with as much support as possible. (He's always helped me do everything with hs, but this is his first time to be completely in charge of something.) Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

thank you!

There is the DK book "The Young Golfer" that might fit your children's ages. You can get them cheaply at Amazon. The book is not huge, but has a 2 page spread on a topic (just like so many DK books do). The topics include "the History of Golf", "Welcome to the Course", "Swing Practice" "Fairway Strategy" and so on. My DH has just picked up golf again, and I am going to suggest he teach it to the kids for PE! What a great idea! Thanks for suggesting it. :)

I don't have any suggestions for videos or books, but you can check out this website:

http://www.thefirsttee.org/club/scripts/section/section.asp?grp=0&NS=FL

to see if you have any First Tee programs near you. It's a very inexpensive program ($2 to $4 per 1 1/2 hour lesson) sponsored by the PGA. They teach golf as well as character development and the student must pass both skills to move to the next level. I highly recommend this if you have one near you!

I don't have any suggestions for videos or books, but you can check out this website:

to see if you have any First Tee programs near you. It's a very inexpensive program ($2 to $4 per 1 1/2 hour lesson) sponsored by the PGA. They teach golf as well as character development and the student must pass both skills to move to the next level. I highly recommend this if you have one near you!

Looking into this, thanks!

Man! None around here! That is a great idea. I'm glad you posted it. I hope others can use it!

There is the DK book "The Young Golfer" that might fit your children's ages. You can get them cheaply at Amazon. The book is not huge, but has a 2 page spread on a topic (just like so many DK books do). The topics include "the History of Golf", "Welcome to the Course", "Swing Practice" "Fairway Strategy" and so on. My DH has just picked up golf again, and I am going to suggest he teach it to the kids for PE! What a great idea! Thanks for suggesting it. :)

Just wanted to say, "thank you". Dh ordered this last night.