Menu

Any organization tips for starting Right Start Math A?

I finally took the plunge and ordered Right Start Math Level A for my rising kindergarten student.

The box came yesterday and I haven't even opened it yet. It looks huge, though! (I did order the deluxe Level A set.)

Can you all give me some organization tips? How do you store all these materials?

What should I laminate or prepare ahead of time? My brand new laminator just arrived from Amazon, and I am itching to use it. ;)

This will be our first experience with Right Start Math, so any general tips you could give me would also me very much appreciated!

Thank you. :)

Lynn

I lack in organization skills. I keep everything in the original box and bags it shipped in.

Off the top of my head you could laminate the triangles in the appendix. I put a sheet protector on the numbers writing pages in his workbook so he can do those over and over.

Oh, I do keep the tally sticks in a cup.

Just a quick response about what to laminate. In the book itself, it will tell you what to copy off, what you'll need on heavier cardstock paper. I'd look at those and decide if you want to laminate them. I think I laminated a part-whole page and that's it. The cards are already nice and laminated.

RightStart A List of Appendix Pages to be Copied

FOR LESSON COPY NUMBER OF COPIES

Lesson 6 App. 1 1, heavy paper

Lesson 8 App. 2, 3, 4 2, heavy paper

Lesson 10 App. 5 1, heavy paper

Lesson 11 App. 6A or 6B 4

Lesson 14 App. 7 2, heavy paper

Lesson 17 App. 8 1

Lesson 20 App. 9-14 1

Lesson 21 App. 15 1, optional

Lesson 23 App. 16 1, heavy paper, laminated if possible

Lesson 25 App. 17 1, heavy paper

Lesson 27 App. 18 1, heavy paper

Lesson 74 App. 23 1 App. 24 1, heavy paper

Lesson 75 App. 25 1

I kept the box they shipped in as well. For things we use every week, I keep in one of my workbox bins (that I never use as a workbox system), so the abacus, tiles, cards and such go in there. We also keep the tally sticks in a little cup.

Edited by Satori

I have all the manipulatives in a basket that fits on our school bookcase. And the various things that we've copied onto card stock or whatever, I just store in the page protector sheets in the math section of our binder. This works for us, since we often end up doing math on the floor or at the coffee table (for some reason my girl thinks better when *not* sitting nicely in a chair), so it's easy to just grab the binder and basket and have everything we need handy.

And might I just add, we *love* Right Start!

Guest tempestjewel

I have level B and I keep it in a smallish rubbermaid container. It's our "math kit".

Rubberbands for the stacks of cards work well. I also like small ziploc bags.