Menu

If you have 3 or 4 kids, what vehicle do you drive? Do you like it? Why?

A full sized van has room for all of that and takes less gas than an SUV. Did I mention that I love it? :D

I drive a Suburban. It actually belonged to DH when we were married but there are very few cars out there that would meet our needs.

We need something that can fit an adult size person next to two full size car seats, tow an 18 foot boat, have enough cargo space for camping equipment and a Samoyed. We do a lot of long drives so we usually have the third row in so our teenager can stretch out and sleep. :D Even with the third row in there is about 4-5 feet deep of cargo space.

Usually our Suburban cools off wonderfully. We have separate controls for the front and back, with eight vents in the ceiling - two on each side over the second and third row seats - and four in the floor, including two in the cargo area. I say usually because 1/2 way through North Carolina (on our way to Myrtle Beach) this morning it completely died on us. The car is 7 years old and has about 125,000 miles on it and the AC has never been serviced. :tongue_smilie:

I drive a Suburban, I just don't see us fitting into a mini-van with 4 kids and all the 'stuff' (groceries, camping, traveling, etc.). We love it.