Menu

L'Art de Dire or L'art de Lire 1 for 6 and 8 yr olds?

I see some people are using this program and would love your advice as to which one should I start with for my 6. and 8 yr olds. I am almost done with phonics for my now 5.5 yr old. I am just planning to add French to our foreign language study, and I want to wait to do Latin till we have done French for a year or two.

I plan to do Chinese 3 times a week and French 2 or 3 times a week if that helps with the decision I should make. Thank you!

J

Thanks! For those who are doing/have done L'Art de Dire, how do you schedule it? How long does it take to finish the whole program? I would like to do it twice a week for 20 minutes or so each time. If they like it a lot, we may do it three times a week. If we were not also learning Chinese, we would go every day or four times a week. However, we will do Chinese three times a week to keep going. So French will be two and no more than three times a week.

J

We do it 5-10 minutes a day 5 days a week. The lessons usually take 5 minutes and the review another 5. I only do one new lesson every two weeks. I use every day of the 2 weeks to ensure she knows and understands the new lesson as well as reviews and retains the past lessons. This allows me to stretch it our over a full year.