Menu

Anone else suffering from pre-seperation anxiety..

but it still is hard. My dd went off 2 years ago and son is going this year. The first year I worried if I didn't hear from her at least once a week. I'd even call her. This past year it's been easier to not hear from her for longer periods of time. she's turning into an adult and is handling the challenge very well. I think that's why it's getting easier. The hardest part I'm having now is not homeschooling anymore. This is all I've done for the past year. What do I do now. Not only have I lost my "children" but I've lost my job. It's hard now but I know this is what God wanted me to do and why he wanted me to do it. Now it is my job to trust her with the benefits and character I've given her. Trust in yourself and your child. It's not hard and it doesn't get a whole lot better right away but it does get easier if you just trust in your child.

or seperation anxiety.

It is sooo hitting me hard right now. I dont know if I can let her go to school, the idea is beautiful , but now the reality is coming its not easy.

Will it get any better?

Oh, I do that years in advance. It makes me want to shrink my kids down to being little again, so I can put it off. Right now, I'm worried about my kids leaving for college and they won't be doing that for a couple of years. No time like the present to worry -- especially when I realized they will be able to vote in the next presidential election. Not much time left to brainwash them. :-)

When the anxiety-producing event occurs, I get used to it after a couple of weeks. This applies to my kids leaving homeschool to go to school. That doesn't mean I don't keep a sharp eye out for potential problems.

Note: My kids have never left home to make a separate home elsewhere -- like at a dorm. That would definitely make me antsy.

Edited by RoughCollie