Menu

s/o s/o: What Do You Have In Your...

I thought it might be interesting, in light of the discussion about possessions on the women's work thread, to see what sort of things we buy. Maybe we could start with a couple of key places for which we're sold a lot of hyped up products, and go from there?

Shower: A bottle of shampoo and a bar of soap.

Cleaners cupboard: Dish soap. Several bottles of Seventh Generation spray cleaner. Method floor cleaner and furniture polish. Toilet cleaner. Baking soda. Murphy's oil soap. Sometimes castille soap, but not right now. White vinegar. Tea tree oil.

Laundry room: (full disclosure: we are not good at getting stains out of clothing) Arm and Hammer laundry detergent. Natural wasp and hornet killer. Bleach (one bottle chlorine, one natural). Dryer sheets. Oxy Clean. Spray and Wash, about empty. A bleach pen (I use it on the grout). Some random cleaners the last owner left, like dog shampoo and glass cleaner.

Where else is a hot spot for stuff we don't need? Bathroom cupboard? I've got a bunch of first aid stuff, q-tips, aveeno lotion, calamine lotion, bug spray, maybe some Burt's Bees lipstick? I'll have to go look.

Once upon a time I had a whole shelf of white barn candles and the like...before I had kids.

Shower: Shampoo, conditioner (usually suave or sometimes a brand from Sams' if I can get it cheaper), soap. I've extended shampoo in the past by cutting it in 1/2 with water and adding a TBS of honey.

Cleaners cupboard: Dish soap (large bottle from Sam's (lasts several months). Ajax powder for bathrooms but have used salt too. White vinegar. Windex. Trying to get Norwex as I can afford it.

Laundry room: Cheap Sam's club brand, lasts 2-3 months (it's the only stuff I can use that doesn't make me allergy crazy from the scent).

Bathroom cupboard? 2 first aid kits -one at home, one in the car, q-tips, calamine lotion, bug spray, sunscreen, wax ear candles, bandaids and antiobiotic ointment.

Make-up-mainly MK.

Nowex washcloths.

We don't really have lots of "stuff" in the cupboards.

Shower: Matrix Shampoo/me, TGel/dh, cheap shampoo for ds and cleaning the shower, Weleda Sea Buckthorn body wash (my personal luxury-I LOVE the smell), Dove soap, Neutrogena face wash.

Cleaning cupboard: (Ill group them all) Dawn, Cascade, White Vinegar, Comet, Clorox Bleach, Bleach pen (2yrs old LOL), Murphy's Oil Soap, Tide, Oxyclean, Shout, Window cleaner.

Bathroom cupboard: Some spa lotions, makeup removers that dh brought be back from a business trip. (I can't use them...I need to toss but feel bad because they were no doubt $$.) Infusium 23, Sebastian hairspray, 2 makeup bags (fits in a small makeup bag) one for current products/one for out of season-special products, various samples of sunscreens from the dermatologist, rx acne products, everyday lotions.

I don't buy into hype of how good the latest/greatest is, but it is still surprising how much I have and use...just not every day. Maybe that will be my project today, to toss anything I am not currently using.