Menu

Financial Ed Class: Dave Ramsey? Other?

Does anyone have any thoughts on using the high school "boxed" curriculum: Foundations in Personal Finance by Dave Ramsey? We need some kind of personal financial ed class, and I thought this might be good.

I also have the book "The Four Laws of Financial Prosperity" by Blaine Harris, which I thought my teens might also enjoy as it teaches through a storyline (not a teen book, BTW, but one that I finally got around to reading a few months ago -- pretty quick read, too).

I'm looking for something specifically for the 16-17yo age group. Dave Ramsey also has a college "course" I think. I'd love to hear from anyone who's used any of these mentioned resources with this age group, or other resources that you liked.

The recent thread on creating a course syllabus has me thinking maybe I need to do that here so I'm not just grabbing whatever resource crosses my path. lol

through Homeschool Buyer's Coop and plan to do it this summer as a family. We watched only one lesson so far. It's a bit too much for a high schooler but it lays a foundation for the future. By this I mean - why does a high schooler need to know about buying real estate? Most high schoolers are planning on attending college not buying a house BUT it's good info anyway.