Menu

Math u see fraction overlays question

campmom

I bought a set of these used, I see on the website it says it is a set of 37. I don't have that many. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the different pieces that I should have are. I would like to figure out what I'm missing.

thanks in advance

Here's my list:

COLOR

1 green whole

2 white wholes

2 orange

3 pink

4 yellow

5 blue

6 violet

CLEAR

2 halves

2 thirds

2 fourths

2 fifths

2 sixths

2 tenths

1 eighth

1 sixteenth

Contact your MUS representative and ask about purchasing just the pieces you are missing. I had one piece destroyed by a rampaging dog and MUS was able to replace just the missing piece. *whew*

Pegasus

You are welcome. The only half size clear overlays that I have are the one marked with eighths (has seven black lines running most of the way across it) and the one marked with sixteenths (has 15 black lines running part of the way across it).

I wouldn't be surprised if MUS has changed their fraction overlays over the years. Mine is pretty old. I bought it second-hand almost 7 years ago so there's no telling how old they are!

Send me a PM with your e-mail address if you want me to lay out the pieces and take pictures to send you.

Pegasus

I have a set that I purchased at the beginning of this past school year. It has a paper explaining the pieces.

"The 23 colored pieces represent the numerator and use the same colors as the manipulative blocks 1 through 6. In your set there are 1 green, 2 white, 2 orange, 3 pink, 4 yellow, 5 light blue and 6 violet pieces.

The 14 lined clear overlays illustrate the denominator. In the six pockets you will find two of each of the 1/2s, 1/3s, 1/4s, 1/5s, 1/6s and 1/10s plus one each of the smaller 1/8 and 1/16 pieces."

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
I have a set that I purchased at the beginning of this past school year. It has a paper explaining the pieces.

"The 23 colored pieces represent the numerator and use the same colors as the manipulative blocks 1 through 6. In your set there are 1 green, 2 white, 2 orange, 3 pink, 4 yellow, 5 light blue and 6 violet pieces.

The 14 lined clear overlays illustrate the denominator. In the six pockets you will find two of each of the 1/2s, 1/3s, 1/4s, 1/5s, 1/6s and 1/10s plus one each of the smaller 1/8 and 1/16 pieces."

That is exactly what I have, except that I ended up with 2 full size pink ones, one of which is laminated feeling:001_huh: I don't know how that happened because I ordered them from MUS but at least I have extra and not missing pieces:lol:

• 1 year later...
Guest skoolsunny

I am considering buy them but first want to know what's the difference between these are the cuisinarie fraction tiles. I haven't seen the MUS tiles, but from the description, assume it has both the numerator and the demonimator. The cuiinsarie tiles are only tiles with the proper fraction marked out. If anyone here could give me some specific description of the MUS fraction tiles, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,