Menu

s/o getting rid of cable: getting rid of landline too

I am bundling right now and want to get rid of my cable and landline and just have internet. We have a laptop and ipods that we use at home. Any ideas on the best option for fast internet without bundling?

I am really looking forward to getting rid of the cable -- the bundles are so expensive and it seems like even when I downgrade something the bill stays about the same, so I just want to do internet.

We are considering the same thing. The cheapest for us seems to be getting an unlimited data plan on our smartphone and using it as a wi-fi or hotspot to connect the computer to the internet. To make it really economical, we're hoping we can use a new 4G phone to tether to Roku and cancel our cable as well.

We still have landline for phone. However, for internet what has worked best for us is Earthlink. We go through them but we still use Time Warner's lines etc. My husband is not a Roadrunner fan (Time Warner fan) but we have been happy with Earthlink. We no longer have cable so we only deal with the internet.