Menu

We've never made broccoli salad. Do you have an EASY recipe?

Think simple and easy. For about 12 people. How do I make it? Please and thank you! :)

I love broc, caul., carrots, raisens, and walnuts mixed together with a mild mayo base dressing slightly sweet.

Sorry but I never really use a recipe, I just make it.:tongue_smilie: Oh, if you have some bacon to fry crisp and add that is good also.

This is easy and always a hit. I use Louis Rich (now Oscar Mayer, I think?) turkey bacon and micro cook it ahead of time, and keep that in the fridge until I am ready to assemble. :001_smile:

Cold Broccoli Salad

1 ½ - 2 bunches broccoli, washed, drained, and trimmed into florets

½ C sunflower seeds (unsalted, and out of the shell. I find these in the produce dept. near salad items, but you may need to ask your grocer)

½ pt. cherry tomatoes, cut in half

12 slices bacon, cooked and coarsely crumbled

Dressing:

1 C mayo

3 T red wine vinegar

1/3 C sugar

Combine dressing ingredients and chill overnight. Toss with salad ingredients before serving.

Oh -- btw -- I have seen where some make this same recipe, but substitute halved, red seedless grapes for the tomatoes. I always use tomatoes, though.

Edited by AmeliaBinMO
addition

[quote name=AmeliaBinMO;183659

Cold Broccoli Salad

1 ½ - 2 bunches broccoli' date=' washed, drained, and trimmed into florets

½ C sunflower seeds (unsalted, and out of the shell. I find these in the produce dept. near salad items, but you may need to ask your grocer)

½ pt. cherry tomatoes, cut in half

12 slices bacon

Dressing:

1 C mayo

3 T red wine vinegar

1/3 C sugar

[/quote]

I use plain yogurt instead of mayo and add 1/2 cup raisins and some chopped red onion. no tomatoes.