Menu

classical conversations and the rightstart number issue

grace'smom

If you use Classical Conversations and Rightstart Math, how do you address the number songs and memorization. We are trying to teach our daughter to count ten-one, ten-two, etc., according to the Righstart math model, but I am wondering how to make it mesh with CC.

Thanks!

Hailey

Well, that particular issue won't mesh; however, I would go ahead and encourage her to learn CC's skip counting songs. Eventually, you'll get away from the ten-one, ten-two method anyway and then she'll have those pegs firmly planted in her brain.

I agree. I bet she won't bat an eye at it if you give her a quick explanation. Kids can catch on and comprehend more than we usually think. :001_smile:

Well, that particular issue won't mesh; however, I would go ahead and encourage her to learn CC's skip counting songs. Eventually, you'll get away from the ten-one, ten-two method anyway and then she'll have those pegs firmly planted in her brain.

:iagree: You eventually get to lessons in RS-A and RS-B that help you transition to the way we normally say our numbers. We call the RS way of saying numbers the "math" way.