Menu

BiblioPlan & STOW Activity Guide?

For those that use BiblioPlan, do you use the STOW Activity guide also or is the BiblioPlan schedule enough on it's own? We are getting ready to begin year 2 & the companion will not be out in time so I was wondering if I shoud buy the Activity Guide or just use the BiblioPlan maps & timeline things????

Last year, when we did Biblioplan Year 2, I did get the SOTW AG. My dc were 6th, 3rd, 2nd, K, and K. The BP timeline and map packets worked well for my oldest, but I used the SOTW maps and other activities for the younger ones. I wanted the age-appropriate mapwork, some coloring sheets, and the book suggestions (BP didn't have much for the K-2 age group during the weeks the Reformation was studied). We only did a few of the other activities in the AG. If my dc had been older, and I only had one in early elementary, I don't think I would have added in the SOTW AG.

I'd get the SOTW AG if you really enjoy hands-on activities as part of your history studies. Otherwise, I'd just use the BP maps and timeline. (It was hard to do two different sets of mapwork, and I wouldn't recommend it).

Blessings,

Laura

Last year, when we did Biblioplan Year 2, I did get the SOTW AG. My dc were 6th, 3rd, 2nd, K, and K. The BP timeline and map packets worked well for my oldest, but I used the SOTW maps and other activities for the younger ones. I wanted the age-appropriate mapwork, some coloring sheets, and the book suggestions (BP didn't have much for the K-2 age group during the weeks the Reformation was studied). We only did a few of the other activities in the AG. If my dc had been older, and I only had one in early elementary, I don't think I would have added in the SOTW AG.

I'd get the SOTW AG if you really enjoy hands-on activities as part of your history studies. Otherwise, I'd just use the BP maps and timeline. (It was hard to do two different sets of mapwork, and I wouldn't recommend it).

Blessings,

Laura

Thank you for your advice. Since I will only have 1 early elementary child Maybe I will just look around for a few supplemental activities for her instead of buying the activity guide. Anyone have any great places to find early elementary activities for medieval history?

Here's one

http://handsandhearts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=65

There are some kits and activity books on Amazon too.

I am not savvy at posting links, but if you search on my username, you'll find a thread regarding biblioplan. One of the posts included the above link, and some others to ones on Amazon. If you look at the Middle Ages section in the Rainbow Resource catalog, they have some kits too.

Here's one

http://handsandhearts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=65

There are some kits and activity books on Amazon too.

I am not savvy at posting links, but if you search on my username, you'll find a thread regarding biblioplan. One of the posts included the above link, and some others to ones on Amazon. If you look at the Middle Ages section in the Rainbow Resource catalog, they have some kits too.

Great! Thanks for the ideas. I'll go check them out.:001_smile:

We used the AG for our first 3 years of Biblioplan. At that time there were no Biblioplan maps or coloring pages. I liked the AG and would agree that it is a good fit for younger kids. We regularly used the maps, coloring pages, and the list of recommended books which I would look for in the library. We sometimes did the narration questions. We did not do the activities or crafts.