Menu

SOTW1 African Feast - Question

We are having an African Feast tonight!!! SOTW1 AG pages 40-43. Has anyone else tried these recipes??? I thought it would be easy, but

#1 I live in a small town, and the grocery said that "dried figs" were seasonal, and this isn't the season... So, no fig chicken...

#2 Date Chewies

The recipe says "Press the mixture down so it will be as thin as possible." How thin is this????? When it comes out of the oven, "cut into bars" (no size or servings per recipe given). Then, "Roll into balls" - why cut into bars if I'm going to roll the bars into balls??? I'm just not sure what this is supposed to look like...

Anyone else tried this? Normally I skip projects because I'm more of a book learner than a crafter, but I wanted to start getting out of my box and trying to be creative...but now I'm more frustrated...

Off to check on the "Lemon, No Fig, Chicken"!:lol:

Kathy

DD 7

DS 4

DTriplets 1

I haven't tried the date chewies, but I imagine you do it flat in the oven in order to get it as dry as possible and cutting it into bars is just a way of portioning it out.

We have dried figs year round, they are Sunmaid and in the section with the raisins and such?

I haven't tried the date chewies, but I imagine you do it flat in the oven in order to get it as dry as possible and cutting it into bars is just a way of portioning it out.

We have dried figs year round, they are Sunmaid and in the section with the raisins and such?

I looked in the dried fruit section before going to the produce section...none there either. One of the joys of living in a small town :)