Menu

9th grade curriculum gaps?

Hi, first time at this high school stuff and I think I finally have it ironed out! How's this look to you pros?

*Apologia Bio w/labs - @co-op

*Intermediate Art - @co-op

*Latin 2 - @co-op

*gym, volleyball, ski-club, golf team - @ co-op and in its appropriate season

*Great Books Academy - online Socratic discussions for history/ethics/philosophy/literature - all in one class

*Videotext - quick alebra 1 review and then Alg. 2

*Religion - still figuring that out - probably Didache

It sounds like alot - but I think it is doable. He is a very avid reader and is looking forward to the online classes. Comments?

My ds just finished 9th at private school. He didn't have foreign language or art, but he did have a .5 credit health class, which included CPR and Drug and Alcohol Awareness (required here to get a driver's permit). Just throwing this out there for consideration. Your ds's schedule looks plenty full.

Cinder

I think your plan looks great. If you haven't already done so, you should list your general high school plan--4 years math, 4 years English, etc.--then fit it into a 4-year chart so you have a general idea of how each year will go. I'm planning for 24 credits minimum, which means at least 6 per year. I think that's very reasonable for most high schoolers. You're definitely on track for that. Good luck with the rest of your planning!

Cinder