Menu

What to use while treading water with RS?

2squared

I'm not sure if that title describes what I'm looking at. When our baby comes in the fall, I'm thinking of putting my oldest into a workbookish type program for math review until I'm ready for a fuller schedule again.

We love RightStart, and I'm wondering what would be complimentary to use while we are treading water for a couple months? She should be halfwayish through RS C by then.

Would you pick MM or Singapore? Which one and where? Why would you pick that over the other? Is there a better option?

If you are looking at it just for review and not to teach new concepts, I'd recommend Singapore's Intensive Practice. I'd choose a level below where she is in RS. For example, Level B in RS, use Level 1 to 2 for IP; Level C in RS, use Level 2 to 3 for IP. We use this all of the time but find it really stretches them and reviews the concepts.

Good luck. I'm in the same life situation as you - one due in January, and probably will be on bed rest for several of the months. I haven't quite figured out what we'll do yet. :)