Menu

Catholic parents in NJ, HEART convention, anyone?

It's a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone here will be going to the HEART Convention in Orange, NJ tomorrow?

http://www.heartconvention.org/

I will be there with one of my daughters, most likely volunteering in the childcare area and spending some time with a friend. I also have a ton of stuff to sell at the used curriculum fair -- wish me luck! :D

Sorry to hear about your car, kewb. Were you able to go to the convention?

If anyone did go, what did you think? A friend of mine, who was also a vendor, mentioned that the crowds were much thinner than last year. It's funny, most people felt last year's intense rain kept folks away, and now people think yesterday's sunny weather made for the small crowd. Even if the curricula vendors did not have high sales, I'm sure the food vendors profited, especially the young men selling ice cream and chocolate bars!

My daughter and I spent the majority of the day in childcare and were absolutely exhausted when we left! I didn't go to hear speakers or to shop since we tend to use secular materials and we have most of what we need for the next few months, but we went to volunteer and see some friends. Next year, I would love to see some Eastern Catholic representation, even if it's just a table with someone discussing the Eastern rite traditions and offering pamphlets.