Menu

Would you do this over the summer, or during the "school year"?

I have been struggling lately on deciding a History course for next year. I did U.S. I this year, and was going to do U.S. II next year, but then I thought I should do U.S. II over the summer and do a World History course for the school year. The only problem is, the book I have for U.S. II has 109 sections. That is a lot to fit into four weeks. I know it would flow over into the school year, but what would you do?

1. Would you do U.S. II over the summer and a History of your choice for 11th grade?

2. Would you do U.S. II for 11th grade year?

Also, I would feel like there was a gap in my education if I completely skipped American Literature. I have read American books of course: To Kill a Mockingbird, Fahrenheit 451, The Tell-Tale Heart, etc. but never took an American Lit. course. My Lit will follow along with my History. Also, the World History would be a specific study of World History ("History of Great World Empires and their Connections"). I did general World History my Freshman year, so I would focus mainly on Rome, Greece, England, America and other countries that had ties with them in the past and in the present. I would compare them.

So, do U.S. II over the summer and do what I love for 11th grade, or do U.S. II in 11th grade and do what I love my Senior Year? I'll be taking Government/Economics Senior Year as well.

So, do U.S. II over the summer and do what I love for 11th grade, or do U.S. II in 11th grade and do what I love my Senior Year? I'll be taking Government/Economics Senior Year as well.

You could also do Ancient History and Lit for 11th grade, and US History and Lit 2 for 12th grade. (And if you choose to study US Government in 12th, which is a common choice, it goes well with the second half of US history, so all your books would go well together.)

You don't necessarily have to do both US History pieces in order, though it is important that you study the second half of US history at some point in high school.

You could also do Ancient History and Lit for 11th grade, and US History and Lit 2 for 12th grade. (And if you choose to study US Government in 12th, which is a common choice, it goes well with the second half of US history, so all your books would go well together.)

You don't necessarily have to do both US History pieces in order, though it is important that you study the second half of US history at some point in high school.

:iagree:

I like the idea of pairing the complementary classes in that manner.