Menu

Cooking chicken wings in advance????

We're having a graduation party here this weekend :hurray: and one item on the menu is chicken wings. I would like to cook them on Saturday, put them into the Buffalo wing sauce and then heat them up on Sunday. But I've never done that before and would love to hear advice from BTDT on how I really should do this.

And if you have a really good wing sauce, please share that too.

Thanks

Carole, who is going back to cleaning and tackling the school-room.

Being they take soo long to cook, you could probably cook them most of the way then finish them the next day.

I use hot sauce , soy sauce, and butter (if your not watching calories..lol)

my SIL cooks the wings until they are super crispy then she throws them in the sauce (above) that she heated and thickened. right before serving.

I usually just toss them and marinate them in teh same sauce and then just cook till very crispy. either way yummy

You could precook until almost done on Saturday and then bake them or fry them until cooked through on Sunday, but don't leave them in the sauce overnight. They will marinate in it all night and really taste of nothing but hot sauce the next day.

A traditional wing sauce is butter and hot sauce. That's it. Of course you could try some teriyaki or honey bbq or even honey mustard instead.

Now I want wings for dinner. :001_smile:

LOL!

How about brats? I would like to cook them on Saturday too and place them on top of the saurakrat and warm them on Sunday. DH doesn't want the krat to touch the brats (he can't stand the smell or taste of krat. I'm concerned that I could over cook them by cooking them twice. Can you tell this is my first really BIG party?

I ended up cooking the wings the day before and refrigerating for the night. In the morning I coated the wings very well with the hot sauce mix, placed them into an Al foil pan and then into a 225 degree oven. The one batch of wings were in the oven for at least an hour while the other batch for a couple hours.

They were GREAT!!!!

(so was the graduation party --- wonderful!!!)