Menu

TWTM for history...can you show me what this looks like in your home?

I don't quite get it. I understand that you read from the spine UILE or Kingfisher and then get books from the library which they then summarize, etc. What I can't figure out is how to actually put it into practice.

1. How many pages from the spine (UILE) would you need to read per week?

2. If you read from the spine on monday and tuesday then you only have 3 days left to read your historical lit. and write about it and then the next week you would be on to the next few pages of your spine and choosing new books, etc. This seems super fast paced. I have to be misunderstanding this.

3. Where do you fit in a trip to the library if the child is supposed to read from the spine and then find a few things of interest that he wants to look for at the library? That means that you wouldn't be able to plan ahead and have the books on hand.

4. How many days a week do you spend at the library? I can only go about once on a good week. :)

I'm sure I'm making this harder than it is. I have a knack for that. :tongue_smilie:

Any insights, advice, for instances, etc. would be great. BTW, my children will be in 7th, 9th, 10th, 12th. I posted this on the K-8 board as well.

I have many more questions but will put those in another post.

Thank you,

Tracy