Menu

Any good free resources for Geometry & Alg. 2?

My daughter's best friend is in PS and will be taking Geometry/Alg. 2 in the fall, and has asked me to help her with these subjects a bit ahead of time.

Are there some inexpensive resources that I can use to help her

#1 - Fill in gaps

#2 - get a "leg up" on these subjects

I would not have time to cover either subject completely, and I don't want to buy a bunch of new curriculum for this student. I have a feeling that she may have some big gaps in math -- my daughter did when we took her out of the same school that this student still attends.

If you can suggest anything please let me know - she's a good kid and I would love to help her.

Good morning!

Here is a quick thought - there are a couple of free on-line resources you could try. Purple Math covers algebra topics from beginning to advanced (do a google for Purple Math and it should come up; I don't remember the exact name of the site). Also, lots of people are saying good things about Khan Academy videos. You can watch these on YouTube. This guy covers all kinds of math topics. Hope these are helpful to you! Thank you for trying to help this girl!

Blessings,

April

Thank you for the suggestions! I had not heard of Purple Math. And - I knew about and then forgot about the Khan Academy -- that might be a good place to start. Our libraries do not have much at all, however. I asked her to ask her teacher (this week is the last week of PS) about materials to work on over the summer -- but I don't expect much. It is the same teacher that my daughter had a couple of years ago before we took her out of PS - she is part of the reason that my daughter is behind in her math sequence now. We're getting caught up but it has been kind of slow and painful.