Menu

Veritas Press

mom2agang

I'll give a thumbs up to First Favorites. We're eagerly awaiting the new 2nd grade comprehension book, More Favorites. I'd like to use that before the Milly Molly Mandy comprehension guide. The books are a good level for dd right now and the comprehension books are an easy way to practice handwriting, spelling and mechanics in context. I prefer this to straight copywork and dictation, but YMMV. If you prefer a more WTM approach, these books won't work for you.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

My favorites are their elementary Bible and History. I love that it's chronological, thorough and classical. The cards are also excellent visuals and my older kids loved them (and I'm sure my younger children will love them). I didn't end up using their Omnibus because I chose a curriculum that is more in-depth for history.

I just got done with my first year of homeschooling and followed a good portion of the Veritas Press recommendations for K, 1st and 3rd. I used phonics Museum with my first and K and loved it. I also used the Chronicles of Narnia Comprehension Guide with my third grader and loved it. I also used Saxon Math and Shurley English which are not Veritas specific, but are their recommendations. I am going to be using their bible/history next year. I have been very happy with Veritas/Veritas recommendations so far. :)

I've used lots of VP materials and VP recommended materials.

We loved first favorites. The variety in the book was awesome--copywork, coloring pages, comprehension questions, recipes, hands-on projects, etc. The book was a fun way to bring more in-depth learning about literature.

The Veritas Press scholars lesson plans are excellent. They provide parents with an open and go tool for implementing history using a classical christian model of education. The songs and motions make learning/memorizing the cards fun and easy!

We LOVE the VP history cards. They have been an integral part of our homeschool for the last 3 years, and I continue to keep using them. The pictures on the front of the cards are interesting and engaging. The summaries on the back of the cards are great. My favorite part about the cards are the extra resources that are listed on the back for in-depth reading.

Veritas Press recommends Latin For Children. This is an easy to use program that parents w/o Latin experience can implement. The activity book is not your typical activity book. It has very creative exercises that force kids to think more critically about the things they've learned, but it's fun! LFC has a wonderful website with lots of extras, too. Highly recommended.

I reach for the VP catalog often to look at the books they recommend for history. We've purchased lots from Veritas Press. They have great customer service. IMO, their recommedations are cream of the crop for history and literature.

Veritas Press also recommends IEW. This has been a perfect fit for our family. It is also very easy to use with the VP history cards.

I'm glad you've found Veritas Press. Enjoy!