Menu

How does SOTW fit with TOG?

Lorriekay

I was reading someone's blog entry on the internet and she talked about how she switched from SL to TOG after becoming interested in TOG and SOTW.

Is SOTW part of TOG, it seems it is not but people just add these?

What is SOTW anyway? Is it just readers, are they textbooks.. with workbooks?

confusing. Does SL also used sotw ? with SL is it Part of their curriculum?

Also what does the term UG mean? There are so many acronyms used that I am just learning LOL.

thanks, loretta:lol:

I was reading someone's blog entry on the internet and she talked about how she switched from SL to TOG after becoming interested in TOG and SOTW.

Is SOTW part of TOG, it seems it is not but people just add these?

SOTW is scheduled in TOG under alt resources.

What is SOTW anyway? Is it just readers, are they textbooks.. with workbooks?

SOTW is a four volume narrative history of the world for children. There is an activity guide with maps, coloring pages, additional history and lit resources. Our host SWB is the author check out http://www.peacehillpress.com for samples.

Does SL also used sotw ? with SL is it Part of their curriculum?

SOTW is used in the American History cores for older children I think Cores 6 and 7 (you'd have to check) using two books each year.

Also what does the term UG mean? There are so many acronyms used that I am just learning LOL.

UG refers to Upper Grammar stage, children in grades 3 -5 or 6. Many neo-classical curricula divide the stages of the trivium into different grades due to the fact that they refer to stages of development not grade levels.

thanks, loretta:lol:

I have used SOTW since it came out an we love it, we also love TOG.

Good luck

I have TOG Year 1, and in that year-plan, SOTW is listed as alternate history reading in some weeks of TOG. TOG spends more time on biblical content than SOTW, so for some weeks, SOTW is not listed as an alternate resource. I don't know how the other year-plans of TOG line up with SOTW.