Menu

Need a steak burrito recipe

I am making steak burritos tonight. The last time we did this they were a little bland? We put salsa con queso, tomatoes, rice and steak on them. anyone have any suggestions to spice things up a bit?

It's late and in a hurry here. I pulled steak out to make steak fajitas in the next couple of days. Everyone's on a budget, BUT the cut of beef DOES make a difference to the taste. I buy strip steak on sale and tenderloin "end" tips b/c no one wants the end and they are premium cut of beef (not steak) for a cheap price.

In addition to the right cut of beef. Grill it. Or add to cast iron skillet.

Onions

Bell peppers....choose your color

saute both of those

mexican flavored rice

pinto beans

add fajita seasoning/dry to be added with a little water to onions/peppers and beef if not grilled until water evaporates.

I'll saute my onions, peppers first then beef. Add rice and beans and mix together OR take shell add beef/onion/pepper mixture, layer with rice, beans, shredded cheese. Now mine are soooo big that I keep mine "open" and after it's stuffed I'll add a top shell and bake. Top with finely shredded lettuce, sour cream and your salsa.

Hope this makes sense...gotta run. They are good. If they turn out cool, you may need to wrap in foil and reheat THEN add toppings. Enjoy!

The cut of steak isn't an issue. We are beef farmers and have a freezer full. Thanks!

No, it's not an issue for you, but maybe for your taste buds...;)

In other words, I used to use round steak or something like that cut into strips. The butcher suggested strip and boy she was right. It's very tasty. Well, I don't know what else to say then, hope you find a great recipe. Sheryl <><