Menu

How do you fit in your child's PS work, with afterschooling?

I will be a Junior in HS next year and I will begin homeschooling next year. My mother and I have decided we would like to afterschool so we can somewhat get into the groove of things. The problem is, there are 16 1/2 days of school left here, so finals are coming up and I have one more round of standardized testing so I have a lot to study. I also need to do homework for my honors classes.

How do you fit in your child's PS work with your afterschooling plans?

I would love to know the answer to this, too. I think it depends a lot on the age/grade of the student, how much time is available (it sounds as though there isn't much over the next 16 1/2 days for you!) and most impoirtantly, what the goals are. That is, WHY do you want to afterschool? What do you want to accomplish?

I don't have an answer to your question, but another question. For 16 1/2 days (or less, at this point) - why not just wait and do homeschooling once your PS is out and you're "free"? You can do "anything" for two weeks, why not just focus on finishing out the year?

I will be a Junior in HS next year and I will begin homeschooling next year. My mother and I have decided we would like to afterschool so we can somewhat get into the groove of things. The problem is, there are 16 1/2 days of school left here, so finals are coming up and I have one more round of standardized testing so I have a lot to study. I also need to do homework for my honors classes.

How do you fit in your child's PS work with your afterschooling plans?

Like Hopscotch mentioned, I would also suggest you just finish the school year at this point. During summer, you could make a schedule to follow and then tweak it as you go along.

I don't think we'll be doing much afterschooling once my youngest is in high school. It will be a very busy time for him.

Anyway, good luck, tigersgrowl! I've been following your posts in the high school forum and you show a lot of maturity, initiative and resourcefulness.