Menu

I just signed ds up for VP Omnibus 3 primary and Jacobs geometry for the fall...

Anyone else using Veritas Academy to teach the classes they need help with?? I am pretty excited. I always wanted to use Jacob's but felt I couldn't adequately teach without help...Same with omnibus...I could teach the books, but it was sort of not as fulfilling without others to bounce ideas off of...NOW I have the help! pricey or not...here we come!

~~Faithe

Hi Faithe,

I signed my son up for Geometry with VP too! I have used the second edition of Jacobs with my older two and although I really like the book, I never felt that they were getting adequate teaching from me (not a math brain). Plus I think my son will be more motivated with a "real" class :) I've also signed him up for Latin 1 and Progymnasmata with Regina Coeli and Biology with Scholars Online. It will be interesting to see how our experiences vary among these three different schools. Hopefully they will all be good (especially at the price we're paying :) ).

Hi Faithe,

I signed my son up for Geometry with VP too! I have used the second edition of Jacobs with my older two and although I really like the book, I never felt that they were getting adequate teaching from me (not a math brain). Plus I think my son will be more motivated with a "real" class :) I've also signed him up for Latin 1 and Progymnasmata with Regina Coeli and Biology with Scholars Online. It will be interesting to see how our experiences vary among these three different schools. Hopefully they will all be good (especially at the price we're paying :) ).

They are the same age too. I am hoping the class and some extra input, deadlines etc. will help keep him motivated through high school. I am going to look at those other schools too. Afetr looking at the full service schools, I think I am happier with putting together the best courses for my son, rather than a kit.

We'll have to compare notes.

By the way...my older girls used Saxon for math in high school and even with the DIVE cd's, I always felt like I shortchanged them in that area.

hoping for a better fit here...

~~Faithe