Menu

Do you respond to old FS/WTB posts?

Not too long ago, someone contacted me about Playmobil sets I had listed in April 2008. That's over 2 years! I didn't even remember the last time we had them until I looked it up on the FS board.

So how far back are you willing to respond to a WTB post? Someone posted they need an item, that I happen to have now, one month ago. Would I look foolish to contact her? It just seems so long!

I had a long list of items for sale last fall that keeps getting dug up. I frequently get messages asking if they are still for sale even though I posted saying that those items have been sold. It's too late to edit my original message to say that they are all sold.

I have just sent a message back telling them it was an old post and that all items have been sold.

It is frustrating that people don't look at the date from when the original thread was posted, or bother to read all replies which might include which items are sold.