Menu

Ok so let me start by saying that the last time I shopped at Aldi was over 10 years ago. Back then it was horrible. You went there simply to save money and that was it but the quality was sooooo low that you wondered if you were really saving money. So I stopped going there. Then I saw the post here and it got me to wondering if things have really changed there or not. I went today and I have to say WOW. The quality of the items have highly improved. They sell fine imported chocolates! And delicious looking german cream cakes. But I also noticed that the prices are also a little bit higher as well.

Which made me wonder ... Is it really cheaper to shop there? Or do you go there for quality now? For me it's a 20-30 min drive so i'm wondering if it is worth it or not.

I go for three reasons: price, quality and convenience. Our Aldi was recently refurbished; it's clean and bright. It's also only four aisles. I can do my week's worth of shopping and be out of there in less than half an hour. I do believe it's much cheaper unless you're doing serious couponing (something I don't have the stamina for.) I save almost half over our regular stores. I love their Fit and Active line. It's very high quality; they even carry organic soymilk.

I start at Aldi and finish up my list elsewhere. I do not purchase items there if I have doubts about the quality. I mostly go for great savings on items that were on my list anyway.

I have come to prefer a number of their goods. I like the chocolate chips, coffee and prices in milk, cheese, bread, nuts and canned fruit. Other things are hit and miss. But I definitely stretch grocery dollars by going there first.

I've shopped Aldi in various cities, as well as different locations in one city. Prices, quality and atmosphere do tend to vary...

I start at Aldi and finish up my list elsewhere. I do not purchase items there if I have doubts about the quality. I mostly go for great savings on items that were on my list anyway.

I have come to prefer a number of their goods. I like the chocolate chips, coffee and prices in milk, cheese, bread, nuts and canned fruit. Other things are hit and miss. But I definitely stretch grocery dollars by going there first.

I've shopped Aldi in various cities, as well as different locations in one city. Prices, quality and atmosphere do tend to vary...

Yeah. I went to the one in Franklin TN instead of the ones in Nashville. I know too many nosiy people that shop there. The good thing is the milage is the same if I were to go to either one.