Menu

Foerster Algebra ! question

I finally received the Foerster Alg I text I ordered weeks ago, and I see that the edition was mislabeled ~ this is the 1st ed (1984). I searched all the Foersters threads here for info on matching the text edition to the solution manual, but all I could find was one post saying that the most recent TE would work fine with the '84 text, as long as one skipped the chapter on Basic programming.

Can anyone tell me if later editions of the solutions manual would also work with the 1984 text?

Alternatively, if I have to buy a more recent edition of the text, did the design change at all? I'm very very happy with the design & layout of this 1st edition (totally clean, simple, tons of white space, minimal illustrations, minimal use of color, etc.), so I'm hoping they didn't "improve" it in subsequent editions, but I can't find a photo anywhere.

TIA,

Jackie

Edited by Corraleno

I can't help you with whether the newer solutions manuals match the older textbook, but will comment on your second question. I have a 2006 "Classics" version of the student book, and it is still very clean, white, little color other than a little blue, so I don't think that part of the design has changed. HTH!

I can't help you with whether the newer solutions manuals match the older textbook, but will comment on your second question. I have a 2006 "Classics" version of the student book, and it is still very clean, white, little color other than a little blue, so I don't think that part of the design has changed. HTH!

Thank you! That sounds exactly like the edition I have, so I'm pleased to see that the design hasn't changed.

Does anyone else know if the problem sets changed in the 2nd & 3rd editions, or if Foerster just updated the computer chapter?

Jackie