Menu

Matt Christopher sports books?

We are a mountain biking family, so my son was excited to find a book at the library called Mountain Bike Mania by Matt Christopher. Apparently Matt Christopher has a series of sports books out, but the problem is that I've never heard of him and don't currently have the time to pre-read this book. What can you tell me about them?

I'm pretty free with what I allow my kids to read, but I don't like books where kids have bad attitudes and treat others disrespectfully, even if they learn their lesson in the end. I don't even let them listen to Adventures in Odyssey because my kids are just too young to pick up on the fact that they are showcasing how not to act.

Thanks!

Hm, I've never actually read Matt Christopher, but he's the standard author to recommend for boys who don't like to read because they like sports more. I'd say get a couple out of the library and read them to see what you think--I know you don't have much time, but you can skim! They're enough of a "series" type that they'll all be pretty similar.