Menu

I did logic with my first child who did Traditional Logic one and Two. NOw my second will be a senior but I really want to do a logic course with her. I want something that will help her later on with the LSAT and with a college logic course. I expect her to take those. My problem is that she will already have a heavy schedule and I am not sure that the formal logic of Traditional Logic is the way to go. I seem to remember that there was a lot of work. SHe will be doing a heavy duty English course (20th century lit with lots of writing), physics, pre-calc, Spanish, World History, Statistics. Her activities next year will be speech and debate and adult and youth choirs. Oh, and she did read at least a portion of Fallacy Detective and did logic workbooks in jr. high.

One thought ~ I've never taken the LSAT; however, my suggestion would be to get a test prep book for that and see what it covers. Does it still have analogies as the old SAT did? If so, I'd get a workbook and work on those this year. I recall that Building Thinking Skills, Level 3, Verbal had some analogies. EPS also has a three book series covering Analogies.

Regards,

Kareni

I just looked at the LSAT and it seems so easy to me. About 50% of it is logic puzzles, then arguments -does it follow or not, and finally reading comprehension but with an argument point. That makes me see that I need very practical logical help for her. SHe is good at Logic puzzles, now she needs to learn how to do them herself.